This is such a cool craft for Halloween. I found it on...you guessed it, Pinterest.
Each year, the Cub Scouts have a Halloween party where each Den provides an activity. I often felt a craft was needed in this mix. So, I volunteered. Last year I did the gross touch and feel. That was already more work than this.
I sampled five different types and gauges of wire. Since the Pinterest link calls for rubber coated wire for landscaping which runs upwards of $7.00 per coil (yielding two or three mummies), I needed to find something much more economical for the close to 80 cub scouts plus their siblings.
Aluminum wire in 14 gauge proved to be the winner. After I formed my mummy shape, I wrapped the wire in three thin strips of muslin. Surprisingly, the fabric stayed on the mummy quite well. A Dan of glue for the end of the final strip wouldn't hurt.
Tomorrow, the boys are going to try to make one as a test.