Sunday, September 5, 2010

Project In Progress

You may remember this from months ago.

This is my new blanquilt idea.

My mom (and many women I know) has a box of doilies in her hutch that she doesn't quite know what to do with.

They are treasured pieces of family history. Many of which my great grandmother made, perhaps her mother even made some. And perhaps some she picked up at church swap. Either way, they hold memories of past women taking care of their home and decorating it and protecting the handmade furniture from scratches with these doilies.

Although the pieces I have used in this blanquilt aren't memories of my ancestors, they are memories of someone.

I would like to do a series of these where I offer to use a customer's doilies and create a memory for them that isn't packed away in a drawer somewhere.

As always, these are big. I like a big blanquilt.

Cold toes aren't fun.

No comments: