Thursday, February 16, 2012

47/377: Searching For...


Anyone know where I can locate something like this? I thought life got easier as the kids got bigger?

I feel like I am stuck in limbo. That place where I am waiting for something else to happen, but the stress continues to grow. Anyone with me on this?

My boys are in 'gun' mode again. Unfortunately, as with thumb sucking, I can't quite remove their fingers (aka Blaster Gun). They have even drawn with marker on their fingers the special features of such Blaster Gun. I understand boys will be boys and boys are fascinated with guns and artillery and the K word that is as forbidden in our home as the worst swear words.

Today, I am taking the boys to visit the FBI Headquarters with Sam's Cub Scout Den. And the leader mentioned that we will be going in the "gun vault".

Super.

Bang Bang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! Yes, it is impossible to keep boys from playing with toy guns, swords, knives, grenades, and all that other lethal fun stuff. But I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you; I have never yet seen a boy their age who didn't like these things. It's perfectly normal, and it may even be fun for you to hand them out squirt guns this summer. It should take a bit of the edge off their need for a toy gun. As a matter of fact, it's not the exposure to guns and swords that I think is the problem; thousands of little boys all through history have had those, and it is only until recently that shooting has been a true problem in our schools. I think the worst influence on our children has been the removal of Biblical moral values from our schools, the horrid things on television and theatres, and the brutal new video games they keep making. But anyway, don't become too concerned when they point a finger and say, "bang bang", because that's just what little boys do. It's the heart and mind that are your true concerns, and from what I have seen so far, you seem to have succeeded in raising a wonderful family. I'm guessing you're already doing this, but reading a daily portion of the Bible and praying together will have a profound effect on them as they mature and grow older, too. And if they're really acting up, Get Rid of the Computer and Television! I have found these to be the worst sources of bad behavior in children. God Bless you and your family! :D