Wednesday, February 8, 2012

39/366: Gluten Free Pizza

Being sick does a number on my appetite.

Some moments I'm ravenous.  Other moments, every thing that goes in my stomach causes nausea and stomach pains.

Yesterday, I was so hungry, but the food shelves were lacking in anything gluten free.

I had one Udi's Pizza Crust in the freezer.  It was that, or canned soup.  Not a tough choice.

In my fridge, I had leftover pork loin, BBQ sauce and some canned pineapple.  Onto the pizza it went with a light sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.

Udi's makes a find pizza crust.  The middle is a touch chewy, but that could be my baking issue.  I've tried it on a hot pizza stone, a cold pizza stone, on baking sheet, and directly on the rack.  So far, direct on the rack is best, but still a touch chewy in the middle.  The crust is great, the convenience is even better.

Chicken for dinner tonight (again).  I really need to make it to the grocery store for a meat product other than chicken and pork.

Maybe tomorrow...

No comments: