Monday, September 19, 2011

Do SomeTHING: Day 19

Apple Picking!

Yesterday, we drove out to our brother-in-law's house to meet up with his family and went apple picking.  They are lucky to live near a great farm, Stonehill Farms in North Collins, that has a ton of apples.  Not a bare tree in the place.

I left my camera in the car, which was fine, since we all split up and I never saw my eldest.  He became adopted by his cousin for the afternoon.

I have fallen in love with a Spartamac.  Oh...it is delicious.  Sweet, but hard, crispy, but not break your teeth hard.  The skin is thin and it is so packed with flavor.  I used to be a Gala or Jonamac girl.  But this Spartamac owns my heart.  Little Man and I were together and decided to try a Jonathan and a MacIntosh to figure out the birth of the Jonamac.  Eh, after the Spartamac, Jonamac doesn't do it for me.  We also tried Elstar.  Little Man liked that one, I thought it was just okay.

So...now to find some recipes for apples!  Big Boy declared that he would eat 3 or 4 per day.  Maybe I won't have any left to bake with.

Oh, and I FINISHED IT!!!!  Finally a UFO that is FO (Un Finished Object)!
 
Do SomeTHING is a month long of creativity, project finishing, exploration, and imagination.  What was your THING for today?  Leave your link in the comments for us all to see.

No comments: