Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Affirmation Project: Day 3

My Positive:  I'm a decent gardener.  I excel in perennials.  I get this from my father, I also get some of his perennials.  What I love the most about gardening with perennials is that you ultimately need to divide your plants.  Once I've filled in the places I have left, I have lots of plants to share.  This makes gardening a social activity with trading and sharing specimens, combined with the solitary act of planning and caring for the plants.  I think it is perfect for everyone, a little social time, a little private time, some sun and water.  The private time is very helpful for me, allows me to escape people (usually the bothersome ones) and find solace.
This year, I'm trying some vegetables by seed.  I think I'd be in much better shape than the solitary 12 inch pea pod plant if we had more than 2 days of sunshine since these were planted three weeks ago.

My Affirmation:  I will not let people bother me.  I will not let people bother me.  I have a tough time with this.  Repetition always helps.  I will not let people bother me.  I will not let people bother me.

“When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden.” ~ Minnie Aumonier

Please join me by commenting here one positive quality about yourself and/or an Affirmation that you hope will come to fruition.  We all MUST be better to ourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

positive: I like my wit. There are years when I am viewed as sarcastic, biting or sharp-tonged, but today I will say witty. I like my ability to come up with zingers that make people laugh, smile, cringe or crawl back in the hole they belong.

affirmation: I will continue to express myself with thoughtful remarks and I will not beat myself for not starting a blog where I share all these thoughts (nothing against bloggers, but I am sick of feeling like I NEED my own blog). RCH