Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Affirmation Project: Day 21

My Positive:  I am creative and imaginative and I love it.  I don't know what it's like to not be able to make things.  I come up with an idea or see something and recreate it.  It's hard to understand why others can't just make things.  I am grateful for my creativity.

One of my favorite parts of motherhood, is coming up with birthday cakes for my boys.  I make them all, even when 9 months pregnant (that one wasn't so special). My kids will say what they want, and I get to figure out how to execute.  From School Crossing signs to robots to Chica Chica Boom Boom to dirt road matchbox tracks, I've made lots of cakes.  I love it.

At the beginning of this month, I watched a documentary called Young At Heart.  It is a touching documentary on a group of retirees that form a musical group, singing mainstream songs that cross all genres, including Sonic Youth.   The chorus director is speaking to Bob on the phone, "You can't do anything wrong here, Bob." 

The chorus director speaks to the camera, "Whatever he gives us will be strong."

While Bob sits in his car after rehearsal, just one day after he was in the hospital for chest pains, the producer is asking him on camera if it is a good idea for him to be at rehearsals and how perhaps he isn't strong enough.  Bob says, "Yeah, oh yeah.  Sure.  I really love what I am doing."

I certainly didn't do justice to this film, but hearing Bob, who dies a couple days after saying "I really love what I am doing" has stuck with me for the past 20 days.  

My Affirmation:  I really love what I am doing.

No comments: