Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Affirmation Project: Day 24

My Positive:  I am realistic.  Never will I fit into size 6 jeans.  It just isn't going to happen and I'm okay with that.  We won't own my dream house in the next 12 years.  My kids won't ask for a pony.  And no matter how many times I remind myself that I only need a dollar and dream, I still won't win the lottery.

Sometimes after a treat at our favorite ice cream stand, we take the long (very long) way home.  I notice the big farm houses with wrap around porches, the perfectly manicured lawn with no dandelions, and comfy furniture on the front porch. Strangely enough, I never see myself actually owning a similar home.  I'd love to, but I just don't see it happening.  They are old and require a lot of maintenance.  I don't think that is something our family is up for.

What I do know is that we will be happy.  This little family of mine will have our problems, struggles and challenges, but being realistic about all types of outcomes, will help us navigate through our challenges and celebrations.

My Affirmation: My life is filled with love, fun and friendship all I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open.

No comments: