Tuesday, November 13, 2012

318/366: Hash and Bread

Both these food photos are the same hue, so you get a double dose today.

Last week I made another loaf of my gluten free banana bread.  This time I used cup for cup of Bob's Red Mill Gluten free flour, and added 1/2 cup of Chia Seed.  I usually use Chia flour, but that messes with the flour blend.

One food that I haven't made in a while is pork hash with sauerkraut.  This is a dish that I learned from Tom, my mom would never eat sauerkraut, let alone cook with it.  So I sear the pork tenderloin, then put it in the crock pot with a can/jar of sauerkraut and a dozen chopped potatoes.

That is a good meal on it's own.  But the leftovers are better.  Adding some butter to the pan and salt and pepper, I chop up all the leftovers and put them back in the pan.  Getting some pieces nice and crispy is my favorite part.

It's so delicious.


Making anything good lately?

No comments: