Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thing A Day: 6 Valentine Felt Heart Tutorial

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love this "Thing".

The pictures don't do it justice with the color, but it is a cherry red.  Love red.



I got the idea here.  She used a plate from the dollar store, which I couldn't find.  I used a cardboard box and it worked just perfectly.
I adapted it a tad, don't I always?  Her plate had a curved edge, making the heart more rotund.  I used slightly smaller circles around the edge to make it look curved.  A dab of hot glue and a circle, repeat.  Over and over.
And over again.

It really was quite fun.  I added a hanger on the back and cut a piece of felt the shape of my cardboard to cover the Pampered Chef box (oh, do I love my new stone).

This way, it can be hung, or just placed.

I think this is my favorite "Thing" so far.  I smell a Shamrock!

1 comment:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

Hey! That is going to be my "Thing" in a day or 2...also adapted. And it won't look quite like yours.