Saturday, July 28, 2012

211/366: Liebster Blog Award

Super Saturday!  My pal MK in Chicago (also my maid of honor at my wedding and the best blind friendship set up ever!) granted me an award.  The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

As I'm not a huge fan of chain mail, I can't help think this is something like that, but since I have no post planned for today, why not?


Here are the questions I have been asked to answer:


1. What is the last good book you read?  It's been a while.  I really enjoyed Hunger Games, and read it mostly so I could talk to others about it.  The worst thing I've read is Fifty Shades of Stupid.  Someone, give that girl a backbone and tell her Inner Goddess to go suck it.  (Did I offend?  ech)

2. If you could learn to cook one thing, what would it be?  My mother-in-law's pasta sauce.  She has told me many times, but I just can't quite 'get' it.

3. Please describe any exciting travel plans in your future.  Exciting?  Well, we just purchased our first used pop-up trailer and are very excited to take our family camping.

4. Where would you most like to travel to?  I would love to go to Spain.  It was our second choice for our honeymoon, haven't been anywhere fancy since that honeymoon.

5. What important items are you out of in your house right now?  Food.  Cereal.  I just got back from Target with laundry soap, so we will be clean and hungry.

6. Name three songs on your exercise/clean the house playlist?  Clean the house?  What's that?

7. What is your favorite form of internet procrastination?  Pinterest, for sure.  But I'm doing something with that in September...Pintember!

8. What other writing project would you like to tackle beyond (or within) your blog? A novel? Memoir?  I have some early drafts for a book.  The concept has changed a couple times, but it always comes back to humor, creativity, and life lessons.

9. What is your idea of happiness?  When none of my boys (including the big one) are grumpy.

10. If you could have any job, what would it be?  I think I have it.  I get to do a little of everything all the while having time for my boys.


11. What would you do if you had the house to yourself tonight?  Turn all the lights out in the house, rent movies and fall asleep on the couch. Although renting movies would force me to get out of the house right now.  Maybe just catch up on my DVR.


I would like to encourage you to check out some of my favorite reads and offer those bloggers the opportunity to receive the Liebster Blog Award!

MK@ Tiny Dancers
Lisa @ 600Square
Sam @ Jeans and a Sweatshirt
Lisa @ Polka Dot Cottage (she isn't so small in followers, but worth every bit of this award)
Julianne @ Love Life

Ladies, MK excluded, here are your questions:
1. What was the last thing you ate?
2. If you could learn to cook one thing, what would it be?

3. If you were already in your car, and had 1 hour to waste, what store would you visit?
4. Where would you most like to travel to?

5. What important items are you out of in your house right now?

6. Name three songs on your exercise/clean the house playlist?

7. What is your favorite form of internet procrastination?

8. What other writing project would you like to tackle beyond (or within) your blog? A novel? Memoir?

9. What is your idea of happiness?

10. If you could have any job, what would it be?

11. What would you do if you had the house to yourself tonight?




1 comment:

Lisa Clarke said...

Aw, thanks for the sweet words! :-)