Thursday, January 19, 2012

19/366: Boys

We had some new putter patter feet in our home on Monday.

It was fantastic!  I love this little boy.  I only borrowed him for the day to remind myself the joys of parenthood.

In the morning, I told Tom how I 'could do it again'.

By the fifth hour, I had changed my mind.

Boys are a lot of work.  Especially at this mighty age of one and a half.   Always moving.

I loved it.

Took a nap after he left, but loved it.

The best part of the day, was that my Big Boy stayed with me and our friend the whole day.  He played next to us and helped me out.  He talked to our friend as if he was 10 years old.  Important questions, observations, and instructions.  It was great.  BB has always been good with little ones, this time, was even better.  It made me wonder if other ADHD boys react the same way to young people.  Many parents worry about the tantrums and anger, but when sitting next to our friend, BB was sweet, caring and protective.

I asked the Big Boy if he thought we should have another kid. 

He said, "Yes.  But he needs to be 5 or 6 years old."

No comments: