Wednesday, January 11, 2012

11/366: Perspective


I was able to spend a little one on one time with the little guy this morning.  Big brother has Morning Fitness at the school for 40 minutes, so O and I spent that time at Tim Horton's across the street.  O has been so excited for this.  The alternative, riding the bus without big brother brought him to tears on Monday and I had to drive him in anyway.

The coffee shop has Wi-Fi...I love that feature in a coffee shop, library, book store.  O hadn't read his homework book so after a couple quick TimBits, we got to work.

As lovely as this was for O and me, I couldn't stop thinking about some friends facing terrible health issues.  It surely takes the hustle and bustle and planning and driving and normal everyday tasks that, at the time, feel so important and puts those into perspective.  What is important?  Really, truly important?  Committees, a spotless home, the perfect store bought gift? 

None of it.

Family is what is important.  Quiet time spent with the ones you love.

Praying for my friends and their family.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Fingeret said...

Nicely said, Carrie. I totally agree with you! Emma is in the Fitness club too.