I am very proud of these...
I worked this up in Microsoft Publisher. It was fairly easy, once I figured out the layout. I'm a font geek. I love a good font. Every document deserves a special font. Despite my general two font type rule, I broke that and used three different fonts. The header with his name was Edwardian Script ITC; the general type font for specifics (date, time, place, RSVP) was Courier New; and the loose font in the center to represent the handwritten notes, was Maxine Script. The Rx was free clip art.
Since I was going to have multiple pages to make a pad, I couldn't just have blank pages, right? Right. So, I researched health facts, trivia and useless info to use for the additional pages. I had 20 different pages and mixed them up for each pad of 10 pages.
When I printed these, each page had four sheets and I had them cut at Kinko's. It saved me a ton of time and most of the sheets were uniform in size. Kinko's charges by the cut, I had 3 cuts and it cost me under $5.00...so, totally worth it. I picked a heavier stock paper for the back page for stiffness. Kinko's also used a heavy stock cardboard to ensure all the cuts were crisp, and included those pieces in my order. I placed a thick piece on top and bottom sheets of the pad, approximately 1/4 inch from top and clamped them with chip clips. They worked the best, really!
The final step, was a bit laborious, but Tom and I sat at the table and watched Miracle on Ice while I glued some pads up. Dropping a bead of the glue on the top, then running my finger along the top and bottom pages helped smooth it out and remove some of the excess globs.
I made sure these weren't too heavy for a regular first class stamp, and sent them off!
Tomorrow, I'll show you the favors I made with my sister in law and Scott from Etsy.