Saturday, May 5, 2012

125/366: Good Time

There are times when I go to the fabric shop and find a fabric that pulls at me.  There are many times, when I stare at bolt after bolt of fabric, never finding the 'right' one.

This fabric had a vibrancy and delight-fullness that I couldn't avoid.  The problem with this one...the lining.  It was tough.  The yellow background is slightly green.  The orange wasn't coordinating with anything.  I found a stripe that was close, but it seemed too pink-lollipop-look-at-me-I'm-a-bright-stripe.  So, I went askew on the color wheel.  



I love how it came out.  And the title of this post?  Good Time...I made this (after cutting out the pieces the day prior) in 3 hours, 10 minutes.  I'd love to be able to get this under 3 hours.  I'll train for that.  Like marathoners train...I'll work my pedal foot.

1 comment:

Jill said...

That's super cute, Carrie. Do you use a pattern?