Saturday, May 12, 2012

131/366: He Did It!

Today is the day I've dreamed about.

Today is the day that I thought would never come.

More than six years ago, Tom and I made the choice that he would go back to college to be a Pharmacist. Not many of his English Education classes transferred, so it was going to be a long road. A really long road with many tough classes ahead, like the always enjoyable Organic Chemistry.

Today my husband will walk across the stage at the University of Buffalo and become a Doctor of Pharmacy. And I will cry tears of pride and joy.

I am so proud of Tom for coping with all the stress and pressure that a college student deals with, while still being a wonderful Father and Husband. The idea of studying for a test at my age, makes me sick to my stomach. But Tom did it. He conquered exams for classes I had a hard time pronouncing. He guided our boys through Cub scouts and baseball and riding a bike without training wheels.

We did this together, Tom had the short end of the stick, but we did it and our family has come out the other side stronger and more determined to scale any hurdle we may face in the years to come.

I am so proud of you, Tom. I love you. Happy Graduation!

No comments: