Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 17th

This month is nearly over before it has even begun. I signed up Big Boy for tennis lessons a couple months ago, thinking that July would be good, summer will be half over. His tennis lessons ended today.

I wanted the summer to go by fast for a couple reasons:
1. It is hot and we don't have air conditioning, which makes working a sticky damp mess.
2. No real scheduled activities for the boys, other than tennis.
3. KINDERGARTEN!!! I am so excited for BB to go to school. I know he is going to love it.

But now, I am wishing the summer wasn't half over. Next month, Tom starts his first official semester of Pharmacy school and with it a jam packed schedule. I basically become a single, working mom as of August 25th. Tom will help where he can, but with the schedule he has with a couple nights of work and an evening of curling, I think he will be maxed out. (I forgot to mention all the studying that will be mixed into that as well). Thankfully we have our mothers to help out with Little Man, but it will still be a challenge.

So, after all this rambling, I am going to try to focus on the day to day. Our family calendar is only four weeks, I need to only look that far ahead and enjoy the trips to the pool and the playground and the stops by the ice cream truck (our neighborhood visits have increased with two new trucks!).

What else (I am on the laptop and the question mark button doesn't work)$
I had a couple sales on Etsy.com, very happy about that. One dud that never paid, oh well. Also had a commission to Norway that is boxed up and ready for sending once that is purchased. I was a little nervous about that commission, I should have billed a down payment, but 'janne' seemed so kind and had 100% positive feedback on etsy and is only a buyer. Hopefully, she will wake up Friday morning and click that PAY button.

Today, I met (cyberly) a gal that dyes, spins, and knits, she seems really cool. Check out this amazing roving she dyed. She also has a blog entitled Ba Ba Black Sheep Yarns which is added to my weekly reads.

Working on the third blanquilt, have a neat idea about this one, hope it works.

Oh, the birthday party was great, hot and wet. It is amazing how musty a house can become with a gaggle of folks with wet feet! Thank you all for the gifts (I am really slow on the thank you's - please forgive me), but mostly thank you for being kind to our boys and for loving them.

Have a great week!

No comments: