Saturday, April 21, 2012

111/366: Evening Pond

I worked on the pond yesterday after dinner.  Added some of the plants I purchased at the Perennial Sale at Mischler's Florist and Greenhouses.

We have yet to bring out our table and chairs from the garage, so I sat on the patio, leaning against the house listening to the birds and the frog spouting water.  Looking beyond my new rock (more on this another day), watching the very active fish chase each other in the pond gave me a moment to just sit.  No kids, no bugs, just warm weather.  Yes, a cocktail would have been fantastic, but I fell more connected to the pond and the plants at their level.

I just re-read this paragraph...I am a nut.

After I healed a skinned knee, I tried to get some night shots of the pond when the solar lights came on.  I unfortunately had the micro lens on, so the shots didn't quite work, but I did take this video.  I love the sounds and glimmering water.

No comments: