Sunday, July 10, 2011

Necking at the Drive In

Oh the love.

Last night we went to the drive in.  They boys really were most interested in Cars 2, but we had to sit through The Zookeeper first.  It was fun.  We brought our chairs and sat outside.  This little guy only made it through 3 minutes of Cars 2.   Sam on the other hand, awake through both movies, only to fall asleep on the drive home at 2:00 AM.  My trooper.

When O woke up this morning, he was all sad about missing Cars 2.  I'm sure we'll have more Cars 2 in our future.

The Transit Drive In was fun.  After the 30 minute wait in line, that is.  You pull to the side of the road and wait in line, driving on the shoulder.  Fortunately, there were two Drive In employees prohibiting line cutters.  We were told we would be in the last row, which was okay, except when you have a small SUV compared to the enormous pick up trucks, it can be difficult to see around such vehicles. 

I remember going to the Drive in with my parents.  We had a big station wagon at that time and would lay in the back.  When the movie was over, my parents would leave us asleep in the back to roll around.  Ah, the days of no seat belts.

The Transit Drive In is the sole remaining drive in in our area.  I hope that we don't lose it.  With the amount of cars there last night, it's on the right track.

I love the Drive In.  No necking this time. 

Unless you account for a couple smooches with my best boys.

No comments: