Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Aha Moment

Back in May, I got a [what I thought could be a] suspicious email from "Olivia".  She worked on behalf of Mutual of Omaha setting up the spots for their Aha Moment Tour.  This airstream trailer was traveling from city to city recording people's Aha Moments.  She had seen my blog and thought that my photography might be a great Aha Moment.

A little taken aback, I said yes, I'd do it.  After all, I had a full month to come up with such Aha Moment.

It was difficult.  Some people have many Aha moments, that slice of clarity that comes to you instantly and changes your life forever.  I wrote down notes, I talked out loud in the car.  Even on the way to the shoot, I was changing my story.  Those folks on the 33 that saw me talking out loud with my hands, must have thought I was a nut case.
Stepping into the airstream, I was still trying to formulate my single Aha moment.  I knew it was my camera, without that camera, I wouldn't be who I am today.  But there is so much more to the person I have become than just a camera, right?

I combined my photography and my Affirmation Project and found that my Aha moment was realizing that if I was positive about myself and my abilities, that I could do anything I wanted.

 Perhaps even be Dave, the technical producer guy on the Aha Moment Tour!

Okay, perhaps not that.

But my life is a blank book and I can choose the words and photos that will cover all of those pages.

Here is the link to my moment on the Mutual of Omaha's website.

Really think that still shot of me is horrid and I wish I would have sat up straight with my shoulders back!  But, being positive, my hair looks GREAT!

No comments: