Thursday, November 5, 2009

This Little Boy

This little boy can drive me crazy with frustration all the while stealing my heart.

He currently meows like a cat, which sounds like a 3 year old whining. He likes to play on the computer, but when I tell him time is up, he groans like an old man getting up from his recliner. He loves to dance while I make dinner in the kitchen, making dinner take a bit longer than it should. And he talks. He talks constantly, but always seems to have something to say.

Last night, we went for a 'night walk'. That's what happens in the Fall at 6:30 pm.

It was dark and quiet and lovely.

He wore his new hat and gloves (how stinking cute!).

The moon was lighting the clouds like a high beam. The leaves crunching under our feet.

I was thinking about how still everything was and how wonderfully calm and silent he was.

And then he spoke, "Mom, you know why I'm walking next to you?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I love you."

No comments: