Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

As I realize that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I know, it's been on the calendar for 364 days, but holidays always seem to creep up on me, no matter how hard I try.

This morning, as I turned on my computer to check work email, I saw this.
My big guy.  Working on a book.  At 8:00 AM.  Our dining room table has become the author studio.  I think he loves all the paper and pencils and tape and markers and 'craft line cutter' all strewn about.  It's almost a rustic mess.

Last night, he told me he is going to be an Author Illustrator, but more of the Illustrator part.  He is going to be famous and his book, this book, will be available in the library.  Perhaps even made into a movie.

I love this kid and his creativity.  He told his brother that being creative and making books is healthy.  And he is unhealthy because he is always playing computer games.

And the big guy is right.  He is often playing some electronics.  Our new rule, you want to play iPad, you must do 30 math facts.  You want to watch TV, you must do math facts.  Math Facts on the iPad are so much more fun than flash cards.

We have a healthy mix of activities here, we can always do better, but for now, I am thankful how things are working.

And I'll be sure to let you all know the date that the big guys book is available for purchase at your local bookstore, or if so inclined, as an eBook!

No comments: