Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sorbet = Sorvay

Firstly, Thanks, Mom and Dad for the new toy!  They got me this for my birthday.  It's pretty cool.

Secondly, thanks, Mom for the peaches.

I took my first attempt at making such sorbet, or as the boys like to call it "Really healthy sorvay". I'm good with that.  I don't have the heart to correct them.

I added a simple syrup with lemon juice to my pureed peaches.  Transferred that mixture to my ice cream attachment and let it whirl.  Aside from all the steps in prepping, stirring, waiting, it was fantastic.  The peach flavor is robust, the lemon gave it a zing.  I used this recipe as a starting point, increasing the yield.  I used 6 large peaches and 1/4 cup sugar.  I was amazed that my ingredient list:  peaches, water, sugar, lemon juice made a much better sorbet than anything you could buy in the store.
 The best part for my family...not a stitch of artificial food coloring.  There is absolutely no reason why we ever should need artificial color in our foods. 
Next up...Mojito Sorbet for my friends (oh, yes, with rum) and strawberry ice cream for my boys.

No comments: