Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Into the Woods

The boys and I took a little trip to Fillmore Glen State Park last weekend.

It was beautiful.

After unpacking and setting up our tent, we drove up a road to the Dam at the top of the Gorge. I knew good things were to come as the fog sat low on the road and curiosity lay around the corner.
This is what we found. The air was so still (and extremely humid) and the sound of the falls was relaxing.
The above picture is one of the two waterfalls coming from the dam. I wish I had the courage to climb down and get a straight on shot, but the climb up would be nearly impossible. That slate crumbles like a dry gluten free cookie.

The next morning we came back with our fishing poles. The little men are getting pretty good at casting. Tom caught one tiny little fish, and Big Boy caught two. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the two from BB as Little Man and I hiked back to the car to collect fire kindling and have a snack.

It amazes me how a child that goes crazy in the grocery store can sit on a concrete slab and stare at a bobber for an hour with no problem.

The rust on the dam was beautiful. Again, if I could only have gotten down there.

I took so many pictures, unfortunately, they all look pretty similar. Falls, creek, trees. I'll share them in little spurts so it doesn't get too monotonous.

We had a really great time, despite the rain and humidity. It was relaxing and a great family bonding event.

1 comment:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

i'm glad you guys had fun...great picture! they would make fantastic cards, C.