Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Etsy Love: Geek Chic

Yesterday morning I renewed the Rosa Monster purse and got a couple views and some hearts. Then, the views jumped. Then stopped. Then jumped. I wasn't in any treasuries, so I was a bit confused.

Then I started looking in the Gift Guides. This is where Etsy Admin gathers different items into different guides based on Him, Her, Holidays, Circus, Under $20 and it goes on. I tried Her, Travel, Teens, Sculpture (a stretch, I know). I thought I tried them all until I scrolled to the bottom and saw her.

Rosa Monster and the Geeks. Rosa and her robots friends.

This is a tiny window at the upper left of the Etsy home page that changes every 5 minutes or so? Not quite sure the duration.

I am very proud of how far I have come from this time last year, especially considering I have only been crocheting for two years!

On Twitter, there are many Etsy sellers that post "woke up to a sale", which I read as "ha ha I sell things in my sleep I'm so good". But this morning, I woke up to a sale. Rosa Monster N is on her way to Annapolis MD to scare a whole bunch of people.

But, the real issue at hand is: Geek or Chic?

1 comment:

lotta said...

Congrats on the sale.I am sure Rosa Monster will be very happy in her new home.