Saturday, March 21, 2009

Momma Bag




Six days.
Six days late.
A new record for me. I am consistently late on completing gifts. I am trying, but still more often late than not. AND I must add, I didn't even start it until after her birthday.
I wanted to make my mom a big bag that she could use on her travels to work to hold her lunch, magazines, etc. I also really wanted to try an Amy Butler bag pattern so picked up the Nappy Bag pattern and edited a bit with shorter pockets on the one inside panel and omitted the bottle pockets (obviously). Which, if any of you have made this pattern, are in a really odd place that almost eliminates the end pockets. Let me know if we measured these totally wrong.
The assembly was fairly quick relative to the time it took to pick out the fabric. After I finally chose the fabric and got to the cutting table, I found this fabric above and totally changed my choices. I'm glad I did.
I love the freshness of the fabric and the weight and feel of the bag.
There are definitely more of these to be made.

No comments: