Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Simple Food

I'm getting bored with food.

Food is fuel.  With the fat girl inside, I used to eat to feed my disappointments and sadness.  I would talk myself into bad food.  Quick food. 

Food isn't a reward, it is just the gasoline for the car.

It's hard to keep that focus. 

I've been trying to feed my soul with pretty food.  At least this way, I get the pleasure of interesting flavors and textures.

I found a chicken sausage and sliced it up, with a bit of olive oil.  In an attempt to trick my mind, I cut an apple and added the chopped pieces to my sausage and sauteed it just enough to brown the apple, but not get mushy.  My color was a little bland, so tossed in some spinach (I had cooked broccoli as well, but if you weren't making an additional veggie, increase your spinach) and it was perfect.

The apple gives a sweetness to the sausage and it almost seemed like it was a chopped potato.  It's okay to trick your palate into thinking an apple is a white, starchy potato!

No comments: