Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Old Time Amusement



Do you know that feeling when you get a great deal?
The euphoria of saving more money than spent?
Finding a gem in a world of mud?
I dragged the kids to Olcott Beach on Sunday. It was a long drive as we had several stops on the way. We were even stopped by a parade.
When we arrived, we got to the Beach and it was closed. Who closes a beach? I understand the no swimming type of closure, but the gate was closed. Closed.
I fought off the whines and whimpers of a closed beach. Then, we turned our bodies in another direction and found this place.
A place with fresh fun. Few people. But plenty to smile about. This little corral had six kiddo rides, rocking chairs to rest upon and ice cream to enjoy.
The best part, though. Each ride was only 25 cents. No gimmicks, no minimums. And, if your child was crying, they stopped the ride. Where else can you get (all volunteer) service like that for a mere quarter.
25 cents.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love Olcott Beach. We haven't been there in a few years, though.
I gave out another one of your business cards today to the lady behind the desk at Enterprise, where I picked up my car. She was online & had already checked out your website before I left the building! You're on to something, Carrie!

Unknown said...

Hey Jill, Bonnie loved her Nellie - and wants another 'sister' for Nellie with a long strap. That's 2...