Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shrinky Dinks and Rubber Stamps


Last night my girlfriends came over. All three of them. Yes, I actually have three friends that want to come to my house and help me stamp, cut, fold, thread, name and tag a whole mess of items for the show on Sunday.

I have yet to share with you the Artist interview I did for the Buffalo Indie Market, please check it out here. A special thanks to Rhona for the artist portrait. I am very excited about Sunday and proud of myself and my diligence in getting product ready. My only regret is that I didn't have enough time in the day to create. If I wasn't working or making dinner or playing with the kids, I was crocheting. We spent quite a bit of time in the basement, I at my loom, the boys at the play dough. It has been fun, but I am ready for the deadline to come and say "it is what it is, and I got what I got".

But back to yesterday. We had a swell time. Judy did all the bag stamping by the time I had the boys in bed. This photo was the virgin stamp, practice makes perfect, and by number two, Judy was off to a stellar start. The bags came out really cool. They are free, with purchase ;-) And if anyone would like me to use my new custom stamp on ANYTHING...I will stamp for you. (I'll stamp it for you, I'll stamp it for you, I'll stamp it FOR YOU!)

While Judy was stamping bags and labeling hang tags, Gretchen the Great was cutting, folding and measuring the gift certificates. A less than glamorous job in which I didn't get a photo of the process. I'll show them off when they become available at washmycloth.etsy.com. They will also be available at the Buffalo Indie Market and are redeemable for anything in my shop, even a custom order.

As far as my note of Shrinky Dinks, half the table had no clue what they were and for that I am saddened. I definitely see a Shrinky Dink Date for my gals.
.
My only question...who's bringing the Easy Bake Oven?

2 comments:

fluff said...

I remember shrinky dinks! We thought they were pretty magical as kids. Best of luck with your show.

Meredith said...

I wish I could have been there to help, if only Chicago was a little bit closer to Buffalo. Good luck Sunday, have fun and report back soon!