Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bouquet of Christmas

I hope that this post finds you all well and healthy and headed into the new year with a renewed sense of self.

The week between Christmas and New Year's has always been a favorite. It is a hiatus or lame duck of sorts. The Christmas rush of lists and 'I wish I had more time for...''s are over and I am not at the beginning of another 365 days.


Our Christmas was lovely, once I got to it. The boys are at an excellent age of excitement for the season and presents...little O couldn't get enough of them. And no ear infections this year, which is 100% better than last year, or should I say 200%, since it was a double ear infection...


We had a major snow storm as most of the country did the weekend before Christmas that dropped almost two feet at our door, and window. At our home, we know it is cold when the dishwasher water line freezes. And we know it is even colder when the downstairs bathroom sink looses the hot water line to Mr. Frost. Fortunately, it was only the dishwasher this time. And today, about 46 degrees and a sump pump working double overtime.


I have already begun a new purse, this is a new color, bit larger version of one you never saw. I thought I would enjoy a break from the hook, but the prospect of no deadlines has put a tremendous joy back into my crochet basket.


Off to play with stickers. For real.

1 comment:

Hello, I'm Lisa. What's Your Name? said...

such pretty flowers! I remember you taking this shot - lovely reminder of the nice meal around your festive table. Great seeing you guys this holiday.
Happy New Year!