Monday, October 4, 2010

Apples Apples and More Apples

 Do you have one of these?

Apple peeler, corer and time saver?

This is one of my favorite Fall toys.  Yes, we call it a toy around here.  It's also magic.

It takes something healthy and makes it fun.


 It peels, cores and slices in a cool spiral, just like those expensive hams.

The kids love using it.  I put the apple on and clamp the suction to my stove top and they are on their way.  No more paring knife and mom standing at the kitchen counter for longer than it takes them to eat the apple.  There isn't much waste, either.

And...it is great for pies.



Or crumble, if I'm the one that makes it.  This is the Gluten Free Bisquick Impossible Apple Pie recipe.

It was pretty good.  I might try my own crumble topping, this one needed more butter.

But, what doesn't need more butter?

4 comments:

Jeans and a Sweatshirt- said...

Gluten Free Bisquick...where did you find that? I didn't know it existed.

Unknown said...

Wegmans and Walmart. 10 cents cheaper at Walmart.

Cat Therien said...

I found your blog through Lisa Clarke's blog.

Seeing those pictures brought back a memory: standing in my grandmother's kitchen while she peeled apples for a pie. She let me eat the peelings, which was better than pie to me, at that age.

I loved the photo, 'apple4', with all the colorful peelings piled together. Beautiful picture.

Unknown said...

Hey Cat! Welcome. I love Lisa's blog, too! Great memory of your grandmother. I never liked pie as a kid, just give me a can of pudding!

thanks so much!
Carrie