Sunday, March 27, 2011

Eggs

Back in Chicago, I was successfully doing the South Beach Diet.  I was losing weight, it wasn't a diet that made me feel deprived.  I was eating eggs every single day.

And then, one Sunday I had scrambled eggs and home fries at my brother's house.  Approximately 30 minutes later, I was in excruciating pain.  Cramping, general pain.  I stayed in the bathroom and bedroom for hours.

A couple days later, I had eggs again.  The same feelings came up, faster and less painful, only because I had only a little bit of eggs as a test.  I stopped eating eggs as a main dish.

I would eat eggs cooked into something else; cookies, breads, pancakes, and meatballs.  Since I already have so many food restrictions, I was determined to conquer this egg enemy.

Two weeks ago, we had a lovely baby shower for my sister (in-law) Brooke.  It was at Anne's house.  More than just a fun person and great artist (see here), Anne can cook.  She made a quiche with potato slices as the crust and it looked so delicious.  Feeling brave, I took a slice.

One bite.  So delicious, no issues.  Second, third and fourth bites were even better.  I only ate half of the slice, just in case I'd feel like crap.  And you know what...?  Nothing!  I had no reaction.

Still a little hesitant, I made myself French Toast for dinner when the boys got a gluten filled pizza. 

Friends, I can eat eggs again!

No comments: