Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I Cut It Off


I am ashamed to say that it has been 4 years since I have touched my weaving loom.
Let me rephrase that it has been 4 years since I have woven on my weaving loom. It has been a table for much too long.

The piece of fabric that came off of it was a sample piece used during an art show. I took my loom with me and allowed customers to try it. The four inch square pieces were meant to be coasters and I was going to send them to the people that wove them.  I grossly misjudged the time it would take newbie to weave four inches of fabric. Most people took one or two sweeps and they were done. I was left with a lot of unwoven yarn in a pattern that didn't make any sense for anything but coasters.  And I don't need any coasters.
I have a couple ideas for the leftover yarn but that will have to wait for another day.
Tomorrow I start dreaming of new projects on the loom.
Okay, maybe not tomorrow.
How about right now?

1 comment:

Ericka said...

Interesting Carrie!! I didn't know you knew how to weave. It seems like it would be fun...